My dear students, today we are learn what is kinesiology used for and basic information. How many types, nature, aims,objects, indication and contra-indication.
Basic information of kinesiology
Kinesiology is the study of human movement from the point of view of the physical sciences or kinesiology refers to the study of movement.
It’s cames from two Greek Words. ‘kinenin’ means ‘to move’ and ‘logos’ means ‘study’.
Main areas of kinesiology
Definition of Bio-mechanics
Biomechanics is the study of those forces applied to the human body.
Main themes in BIO-MECHANICS
- Safety: Protection from injury.
- Effectiveness: Maximization of the output.
- Efficiency: Economy of energy expenditure.
Definition of Statics and Dynamics:
Statics: It is a branch of mechanics dealing with system in the constant state of motion.
Dynamics: The branch of mechanics dealing with systems subject to acceleration.
Defination of Kinematics and kinetics:
Kinematics: Study of description of forces (explanation of motion) is called kinematics.
Kinetics: Study of action of forces is called kinetics.
The nature of kinesiology:
The study of human body as a machine for the performance of work. its has foundation on three major areas of study.
- Anatomy and
More specifically nature
The three areas are-
- musculo-skeletal anatomy
- Neuro-muscular physiology
The accumulated knowledge of this three fields form the foundation of study of human Movement.
aims and objectives of kinesiology
It has a useful purpose. We study this is to improve performance by learning how to analyze the movements of the human body and to discover their underlying principles. The study of kinesiology is an important part of the educational experience of students of physical education, dance, sport, and physical medicine. The Department of Kinesiology is a learning centered community that wellness throughout the lifespan and inspires its students to understand and educates and appreciate human movement for personal expression. In doing so, students and faculty work together to improve quality of life for them and their community; the department values and respects the spectrum of human diversity. An integrated approach to the teaching, learning, and application of human movement provides opportunities and experiences to achieve the department student learning outcomes.
Indication of kinesiology
It has a wide range of uses. They are-
- In relief of muscle and joint pain.
- In treatment of stress and confusion.
- To lessen depressive tendencies.
- In dealing with sports injuries.
- To treat different respiratory issues and nervous disorders.
- For improvement of personal life style and many more.
- To overcome fatige and tirdness.
- To treat backache or any other problems in back.
- To improvement the mobility of different joint of body as well as to ensure their optimum founctioning.
Contra-indication of applying kinesiology
There are a few absolute and relative contraindication to use kinesiology as theraputics. They are-
- Active malignancy
- Any Open wounds
- Allergic reaction to adhesives
- Diabetes(it can be applied with caution)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
Condition where kinesiology used with caution
- Congestive cardiac failure
- What is Compression Therapy? | ElectrotherapyShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditWhat is Compression Therapy ? compression therapy in physiotherapy most important. Compression therapy is a part of electrotherapy. That is wearing socks or stockings that are specially designed to support veins and increase circulation in legs or lower limb. Principles of Compression Therapy The principle of this …
- What is Interferential Therapy? | ElectrotherapyShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditInterferential Therapy Definition Interferential therapy (IFT) is a part of electrotherapy and form of electrical treatment in which two medium frequency currents are used to produce a low frequency effect. Medium frequency currents alternate the direction of the flow of electrons at a frequency between 2000-4000 Hz.
- Fundamental Position | Kinesiology CoursesShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction Hey my dear today we learn about of full details of fundamental position. Do you know what fundamental position is? If you don’t know about this, read below. First we know about anatomical position. Anatomical position definition Standard anatomical position is rigidly defined for human anatomy. …
- Hip Bone Anatomy | Reviews 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditToday we learn hip bone or hip joint. Now we know full details of the hip bone anatomy how many bones locate in here, artery, nerves, ligaments, articulation or structure and movement. So don’t late let’s go.
- Bell’s Palsy Treatment at Home- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction Hey my dear student today again we will discuss about Bell’s palsy treatment at home. A few days ago we learn short description. So now we will see the before and after, what causes, diagnosis, nerve, risks factors, symptoms and treatment guidelines. So my dear we …
- Home Remedies for Frozen Shoulder- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction: Today we learn about Frozen shoulder. Here we discussion what is these disease cause, stage, pathology, symptoms or clinical feature and treatment. So let’s go.
- Anatomy of skull-2020 [Fully Updated]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction The skull is composed of 22 separate bone.It can be divided into a robust calvarium that surrounds and protects the brain, and a delicate facial skeleton composed mainly of thin walled bone, which contain air-ﬁlled cavities known collectively as the para-nasal sinuses. The cranial cavity contains …
- How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction My dear students today we learn about Tennis elbow. You know the name, Cause, Symptoms or clinical feature, anatomy, investigation, Aims of treatment and plan, Home advice etc.This is a part of Sports medicine. What is Tennis elbow? This is characterized by pain and tenderness on …
- Coronavirus in Bangladesh Best Tips- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction: Today we know about coronavirus-2020 (COVID-19). First time show this disease in china. Many people are affected this disease, there are some people are death and some relief from the harmful coronavirus COVID-19. what is coronavirus: The coronavirus is similar to other flu-infected diseases. The virus …
- Physiotherapy exercise Reviews-2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditWhat is physiotherapy? Today we learn about physiotherapy exercise. Why you used These exercise for a patient how to it’s working. How to used this treatment. So Let’s go.
- What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction My dear students, today we are learn what is kinesiology used for and basic information. How many types, nature, aims,objects, indication and contra-indication. Basic information of kinesiology Kinesiology is the study of human movement from the point of view of the physical sciences or kinesiology refers …
- Hip BoneShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditToday we learn hip bone or hip joint. here how many bones, artery, nerve, ligament, articulation or structure and movement. so let’s go.. Definition/Airticulation/Structure of hip bone joint The hip bone joint is the articulation between the hemispherical head of femur and the cup shaped acetabulum of …
- Paralysis treatment in Bangladesh [Dr. Aminul Islam]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditDefine Stroke Dr. Aminul Islam said, paralysis or Stroke is a disease that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries O2 and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts/ rupture.
- Back pain relief [Through Physiotherapy]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction Today we learn about low back pain. how to decrease this disease and take right solution for back pain.First you know what is low back pain? so let’s go. LBP(Low Back Pain) Low back pain is a common musculoskeletal symptoms that’s mate be either acute or …