My dear students today we learn about Tennis elbow. You know the name, Cause, Symptoms or clinical feature, anatomy, investigation, Aims of treatment and plan, Home advice etc.This is a part of Sports medicine.
What is Tennis elbow?
This is characterized by pain and tenderness on the lateral side of the elbow joint due to inflammation of the tendors of the lateral side of the elbow joint.
Definition of Tennis elbow
Pain and inflammation on the lateral side of the elbow joint.
The Three Name
- Tennis elbow
- Lateral epicondylitis
- Lateral elbow tendinitis.
Causes of Tennis elbow
- Strain force
- Carrying heavy weight
- Wrong technique at sports
- Repetitive movement
- Poor warm-up and cool down
- Pain at the lateral aspect of the elbow joint. May radiate up to wrist joint.
- Pain increase in activity and decrease by rest.
- Wrist extension against resistance with elbow extension and pronation is painful.
- Aching or sharp pain over the wrist.
Bones of These
Muscle of These
- Extensor muscle
- Common extensor tendon
- Extensor digitorum etc
you can also read human anatomy
- Mill’s test
- Cozens test
Procedure: Examiner palpates the lateral epicondyle and passively pronated the patients forearm and flexed the wrist fully and than elbow extend.
Response: Sever pain present in lateral epicondyle.
Procedure: patients elbow is stabilized by the examiner thumb, which rest on the patient’s lateral epicondyle. The patients ask to make a fixed pronated the forearm radialy deviate and extend the wrist. When the examiner resist the motion.
Response: Sever pain present in lateral epicondyle.
Aims of treatment of Tennis elbow
- Relief of pain
- Relief of tenderness
- Reduce swelling
- Increase ROM(Range of motion)
- Increase ADL(Activities of daily living)
- Increase muscle power.
- Ice therapy
- To relieve pain UST (Ultrasound Therapy) in the lateral side of the elbow 1 w/cm2 to 10 minutes.
- Deep friction massage to reduce adhesion.
- Ice before friction massage.
- IRR (Infrared rays) in lateral side of the elbow for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Wrist turn.
- Wrist turn with weight.
- Wrist lift, palm up.
- Wrist extensor stretch
- Wrist extensor flex
- Fist squeeze
- Towel twist
- Elbow movement.
- Isometric exercise to increase circulation.
- Active free exercise of the elbow joint to maintain joint range.
- Strengthening exercise to increase muscle power.
- Psychological support.
- Ice compression
- Don’t lift heavy weight.
- Rest the arm for longer.
- Be happy all time.
Good bye. See again next day. You can also reads bellow-
- What is Compression Therapy? | ElectrotherapyShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditWhat is Compression Therapy ? compression therapy in physiotherapy most important. Compression therapy is a part of electrotherapy. That is wearing socks or stockings that are specially designed to support veins and increase circulation in legs or lower limb. Principles of Compression Therapy The principle of this …
- What is Interferential Therapy? | ElectrotherapyShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditInterferential Therapy Definition Interferential therapy (IFT) is a part of electrotherapy and form of electrical treatment in which two medium frequency currents are used to produce a low frequency effect. Medium frequency currents alternate the direction of the flow of electrons at a frequency between 2000-4000 Hz.
- Fundamental Position | Kinesiology CoursesShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction Hey my dear today we learn about of full details of fundamental position. Do you know what fundamental position is? If you don’t know about this, read below. First we know about anatomical position. Anatomical position definition Standard anatomical position is rigidly defined for human anatomy. …
- Hip Bone Anatomy | Reviews 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditToday we learn hip bone or hip joint. Now we know full details of the hip bone anatomy how many bones locate in here, artery, nerves, ligaments, articulation or structure and movement. So don’t late let’s go.
- Bell’s Palsy Treatment at Home- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction Hey my dear student today again we will discuss about Bell’s palsy treatment at home. A few days ago we learn short description. So now we will see the before and after, what causes, diagnosis, nerve, risks factors, symptoms and treatment guidelines. So my dear we …
- Home Remedies for Frozen Shoulder- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction: Today we learn about Frozen shoulder. Here we discussion what is these disease cause, stage, pathology, symptoms or clinical feature and treatment. So let’s go.
- Anatomy of skull-2020 [Fully Updated]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction The skull is composed of 22 separate bone.It can be divided into a robust calvarium that surrounds and protects the brain, and a delicate facial skeleton composed mainly of thin walled bone, which contain air-ﬁlled cavities known collectively as the para-nasal sinuses. The cranial cavity contains …
- How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction My dear students today we learn about Tennis elbow. You know the name, Cause, Symptoms or clinical feature, anatomy, investigation, Aims of treatment and plan, Home advice etc.This is a part of Sports medicine. What is Tennis elbow? This is characterized by pain and tenderness on …
- Coronavirus in Bangladesh Best Tips- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction: Today we know about coronavirus-2020 (COVID-19). First time show this disease in china. Many people are affected this disease, there are some people are death and some relief from the harmful coronavirus COVID-19. what is coronavirus: The coronavirus is similar to other flu-infected diseases. The virus …
- Physiotherapy exercise Reviews-2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditWhat is physiotherapy? Today we learn about physiotherapy exercise. Why you used These exercise for a patient how to it’s working. How to used this treatment. So Let’s go.
For more details click here