Today we learn about Frozen shoulder. Here we discussion what is these disease cause, stage, pathology, symptoms or clinical feature and treatment. So let’s go.
What is Frozen Shoulder:
This is a condition that is characterized by pain and restriction of the movement of the shoulder joint, especially abduction medial rotation and lateral rotation of shoulder joint.
You may also read Name of shoulder bone
Stage of Frozen shoulder
A. Painful or freezing stage
B. Frozen stage
C. Thawing stage
Causes of frozen shoulder:
when the capsule of shoulder joint become thicken and tighten within the joint.
A. Impingement syndrome
B. Supraspinatus tendinopathy
C. Subacromial or subdeltoid bursitis
D. Bicipital tendinopathy
E. Calcific tendinitis
F. Rotator cuff tear
G. Early stage of adhesive cupsulitis.
Pathology of frozen shoulder:
At first when inflammation takes place on the capsule of the shoulder joint, it becomes roughness and lost its function, as a result capsule can not provide the rhythmic free movements of the shoulder joint. Then the surrounding structure are affected due to lack or nutrition and thus also produce pain.
Clinical feature of frozen shoulder:
This is typically develops slowly and in three stage. Each of these stages can last a number og month.
A. Painful stage: During this stage pain occurs with any movement of shoulder and shoulder’s range of motion starts to become limited.
B. Frozen stage: pain may begin to diminish during this stage. However your shoulder becomes stiffer and range of motion decrease notably.
C. Thawing stage: During the thawing stage, the range of motion in shoulder begins to improve.
Risk factors of frozen shoulder
These disease Common risk factors are:
A. Age: Usally occurs in individual between 40-70 years of age
B. Gender: This condition is found twice as often in women as in men.
C. Recent trauma: Surgery or and arm fracture can lead to immobility during recovery and this may cause the shoulder capsule to stiffen.
D. Diabetes: The reasons are unclear but 10 to 20 percent of people with diabetes develop frozen shoulder, and symptoms may be more severe.
Other conditions that can increase the risk are:
B. hyperthyroidism or overactive thyroid
C. hypothyroidism or underactive thyroid
D. cardiovascular disease
E. Parkinson’s disease
Physiotherapy treatment of frozen shoulder
A. Passive joint mobilization exercise of the affected shoulder joint.
B. Hold –Relax exercise of the muscles around the shoulder joint.
C. Strengthening exercise of the capsule of shoulder joint.
D. Pain free active movement to maintain joint ROM.
E. PWP- Over the shoulder joint.
F. UST (Ultrasound therapy)- over the tender area.
G. TENS (Trancscutaneous electric nerve stimulation)- over the pain area.
H. If needed use arm sling.
Home advice for frozen shoulder
A. Shoulder pulley exercise
B. Shoulder ladder exercise
C. Wheel bar exercise
D. Shoulder climbing exercise
E. Pendular motion exercise
F. Pain free ADL( activities of daily living)
If you want to know more info just search here
- What is Compression Therapy? | ElectrotherapyShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditWhat is Compression Therapy ? compression therapy in physiotherapy most important. Compression therapy is a part of electrotherapy. That is wearing socks or stockings that are specially designed to support veins and increase circulation in legs or lower limb. Principles of Compression Therapy The principle of this …
- What is Interferential Therapy? | ElectrotherapyShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditInterferential Therapy Definition Interferential therapy (IFT) is a part of electrotherapy and form of electrical treatment in which two medium frequency currents are used to produce a low frequency effect. Medium frequency currents alternate the direction of the flow of electrons at a frequency between 2000-4000 Hz.
- Fundamental Position | Kinesiology CoursesShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction Hey my dear today we learn about of full details of fundamental position. Do you know what fundamental position is? If you don’t know about this, read below. First we know about anatomical position. Anatomical position definition Standard anatomical position is rigidly defined for human anatomy. …
- Hip Bone Anatomy | Reviews 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditToday we learn hip bone or hip joint. Now we know full details of the hip bone anatomy how many bones locate in here, artery, nerves, ligaments, articulation or structure and movement. So don’t late let’s go.
- Bell’s Palsy Treatment at Home- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction Hey my dear student today again we will discuss about Bell’s palsy treatment at home. A few days ago we learn short description. So now we will see the before and after, what causes, diagnosis, nerve, risks factors, symptoms and treatment guidelines. So my dear we …
- Home Remedies for Frozen Shoulder- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction: Today we learn about Frozen shoulder. Here we discussion what is these disease cause, stage, pathology, symptoms or clinical feature and treatment. So let’s go. What is Frozen Shoulder: This is a condition that is characterized by pain and restriction of the movement of the shoulder …
- Anatomy of skull-2020 [Fully Updated]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction The skull is composed of 22 separate bone.It can be divided into a robust calvarium that surrounds and protects the brain, and a delicate facial skeleton composed mainly of thin walled bone, which contain air-ﬁlled cavities known collectively as the para-nasal sinuses. The cranial cavity contains …
- How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction My dear students today we learn about Tennis elbow. You know the name, Cause, Symptoms or clinical feature, anatomy, investigation, Aims of treatment and plan, Home advice etc.This is a part of Sports medicine. What is Tennis elbow? This is characterized by pain and tenderness on …
- Coronavirus in Bangladesh Best Tips- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction: Today we know about coronavirus-2020 (COVID-19). First time show this disease in china. Many people are affected this disease, there are some people are death and some relief from the harmful coronavirus COVID-19. what is coronavirus: The coronavirus is similar to other flu-infected diseases. The virus …
- Physiotherapy exercise Reviews-2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditWhat is physiotherapy? Today we learn about physiotherapy exercise. Why you used These exercise for a patient how to it’s working. How to used this treatment. So Let’s go.
- What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction My dear students, today we are learn what is kinesiology used for and basic information. How many types, nature, aims,objects, indication and contra-indication. Basic information of kinesiology Kinesiology is the study of human movement from the point of view of the physical sciences or kinesiology refers …
- Hip BoneShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditToday we learn hip bone or hip joint. here how many bones, artery, nerve, ligament, articulation or structure and movement. so let’s go.. Definition/Airticulation/Structure of hip bone joint The hip bone joint is the articulation between the hemispherical head of femur and the cup shaped acetabulum of …
- Paralysis treatment in Bangladesh [Dr. Aminul Islam]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditDefine Stroke Dr. Aminul Islam said, paralysis or Stroke is a disease that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries O2 and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts/ rupture.
- Back pain relief [Through Physiotherapy]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction Today we learn about low back pain. how to decrease this disease and take right solution for back pain.First you know what is low back pain? so let’s go. LBP(Low Back Pain) Low back pain is a common musculoskeletal symptoms that’s mate be either acute or …