Hey my dear student today again we will discuss about Bell’s palsy treatment at home. A few days ago we learn short description. So now we will see the before and after, what causes, diagnosis, nerve, risks factors, symptoms and treatment guidelines. So my dear we will know all details below.
What is Bell’s palsy?
Bell’s palsy Definition: My dear “Bells palsy” is characterized by condition in which there is a lesion of the facial nerve resulting in paralysis of the facial muscles that it supplies.
Anatomy of bell’s palsy
Bell’s palsy Causes
Hey sometimes many student asked what causes Bell’s palsy? Sometimes I see they are says unknown but I know Bells palsy has only two reason there are given below.
- The most common cause is common cold. This condition is occurs by viral attack.
Lesion within the facial canal and may be due to reactivation of latent HSV-1 infection.
Bell’s palsy Diagnosis
Hey my dear we know Bell’s palsy is a disorder of which cranial nerve. When 7th cranial nerve damage the lesion occurs on the facial nerve within the facial canal. As a result facial nerve becomes swollen and hyperemic within the facial canal. Thus the nerve rapidly becomes compressed and thus conductivity is lost. You can recommend some test for the disease. There are given below.
Electromyography (EMG): When we do Bells palsy test Electromyography (EMG) will be measures muscle reaction or electrical movement in light of a nerve’s incitement of the muscle. The test will be utilized to help distinguish neuro-strong variations from the norm. During the test, at least one little needle (additionally called anodes) are embedded through the skin into the muscle.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): Utilitarian attractive reverberation imaging or practical (MRI) utilizes MRI innovation to quantify subjective movement by observing blood stream to specific regions of the cerebrum. When the blood stream increments in zones where neurons are dynamic. This gives knowledge into the movement of neurons in the cerebrum. This system has upset mind mapping, by permitting specialists to survey the cerebrum and spinal rope without the requirement for obtrusive methodology. X-ray tests what tissues do instead of what they look like. Specialists use MRI to evaluate the dangers of cerebrum medical procedure by recognizing the districts of the mind associated with basic capacities, for example, talking, development, detecting, or arranging.
Bell’s palsy Nerve
The Bells palsy cranial nerve is name gloss-pharyngeal nerve. Gloss-pharyngeal nerve is known as Bells family, it is the paralysis of the nerves of the mouth, which provides facial muscles on one side of the face. So sometimes it’s called Bell’s palsy facial nerve.
Location of 7th cranial nerve
The two seventh Cranial Nerves (CN VII) are situated on either side of the brainstem, at the highest point of the medulla. They are blended cranial nerves in with BOTH tactile and engine work.
Function of 7th cranial nerve
Tears of tears
Help in the feeling of skin etc.
Bell’s palsy Risk Factors
- Respiratory infection
Bell’s palsy recovery time
Improvement is slow and recuperation times fluctuate. With or without treatment, most people start to show signs of improvement inside about fourteen days after the underlying beginning of manifestations and most recuperate totally, coming back to typical capacity inside three to a half year. For a few, that as it may, the side effects may last more.
Bell’s palsy Symptoms
My dear we know when a disease affected in our human body, the body seen some symptoms. When we see these symptoms we catch the exactly affected disease. So now we will know the Bell’s palsy symptoms. They are given below.
Loss of facial appearance
Deviation of face to one side
Inability to closing the eye and to raise the eye brow
Inability to raise the nose trill
Foods collect in the affected side of check during eating
Dribbling of water on the affected corner of the mouth
Difficulties eating drinking whistling and speaking
Cannot turn the affected muscle of the affected side
Impairment of taste and sensation of the affected side tongue
Weakness of muscles of affected side face
Tenderness may present on stylomastoid foramen.
Contraindication of Bell’s palsy
- Recent facial bone fracture
- Facial wound
- Carcinoma/ malignancy
- Facial abscess
- Facial blister
- Blood pressure more than 200 mm of Hg.
Bell’s palsy Treatment
A few times ago we know full details about Bell’s palsy. Now we know Bell’s palsy treatment guidelines. Now we know how to Bell’s palsy home treatment and Bell’s palsy exercise.
Bell’s palsy physical therapy
- UST (ultrasound therapy) over the affected nerve root trunk during acute and sub-acute phase
- IRR (infra red radiation)/ PWP over the affected side face
- Electrical stimulation or Faradic current– over the motor point
- Stroking massage- to the opposite direction
- Slow finger kneadling massage applied over the paralyzed muscle
- Slow stretching exercise of the affected muscles.
- Try to do functional ADL by the affected side face.
- You may also read How to Learn Physiotherapy?
Bell’s palsy Medication
Now we will know Bell’s palsy therapy with Bell’s palsy medication uses. These patients have some medication. It’s very helpful for the Bell’s palsy patients.
Artificial tear and ointment to prevent exposure keratitis
Eyes should be taped shut overnight.
If the patients have Diabetic or Hypertension, her/him medicine are running for these disease.
Bell’s palsy Advice
The Bell’s palsy patients have some tips for home. When they are stay at home, They are must be follow these rules. The rules are below
Regular eye bath by warm clean water
Try to say clearly- A, E, I, O, U
Squeeze eyes open and closed widely.
Try to perform of pleasure, surprise, interest, angry etc
Whistle on inflate balloon.
Sucking fluid by straw
Bell’s palsy Doctor Specialist near Me
If you want to relief from Bell’s palsy, you can contact with some registered Physiotherapist. There you come fully relief from the disease. The List Of physiotherapist is given below.
- What is Compression Therapy? | ElectrotherapyShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditWhat is Compression Therapy ? compression therapy in physiotherapy most important. Compression therapy is a part of electrotherapy. That is wearing socks or stockings that are specially designed to support veins and increase circulation in legs or lower limb. Principles of Compression Therapy The principle of this …
- What is Interferential Therapy? | ElectrotherapyShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditInterferential Therapy Definition Interferential therapy (IFT) is a part of electrotherapy and form of electrical treatment in which two medium frequency currents are used to produce a low frequency effect. Medium frequency currents alternate the direction of the flow of electrons at a frequency between 2000-4000 Hz.
- Fundamental Position | Kinesiology CoursesShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction Hey my dear today we learn about of full details of fundamental position. Do you know what fundamental position is? If you don’t know about this, read below. First we know about anatomical position. Anatomical position definition Standard anatomical position is rigidly defined for human anatomy. …
- Hip Bone Anatomy | Reviews 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditToday we learn hip bone or hip joint. Now we know full details of the hip bone anatomy how many bones locate in here, artery, nerves, ligaments, articulation or structure and movement. So don’t late let’s go.
- Bell’s Palsy Treatment at Home- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction Hey my dear student today again we will discuss about Bell’s palsy treatment at home. A few days ago we learn short description. So now we will see the before and after, what causes, diagnosis, nerve, risks factors, symptoms and treatment guidelines. So my dear we …
- Home Remedies for Frozen Shoulder- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction: Today we learn about Frozen shoulder. Here we discussion what is these disease cause, stage, pathology, symptoms or clinical feature and treatment. So let’s go.
- Anatomy of skull-2020 [Fully Updated]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction The skull is composed of 22 separate bone.It can be divided into a robust calvarium that surrounds and protects the brain, and a delicate facial skeleton composed mainly of thin walled bone, which contain air-ﬁlled cavities known collectively as the para-nasal sinuses. The cranial cavity contains …
- How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction My dear students today we learn about Tennis elbow. You know the name, Cause, Symptoms or clinical feature, anatomy, investigation, Aims of treatment and plan, Home advice etc.This is a part of Sports medicine. What is Tennis elbow? This is characterized by pain and tenderness on …
- Coronavirus in Bangladesh Best Tips- 2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction: Today we know about coronavirus-2020 (COVID-19). First time show this disease in china. Many people are affected this disease, there are some people are death and some relief from the harmful coronavirus COVID-19. what is coronavirus: The coronavirus is similar to other flu-infected diseases. The virus …
- Physiotherapy exercise Reviews-2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditWhat is physiotherapy? Today we learn about physiotherapy exercise. Why you used These exercise for a patient how to it’s working. How to used this treatment. So Let’s go.
- What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction My dear students, today we are learn what is kinesiology used for and basic information. How many types, nature, aims,objects, indication and contra-indication. Basic information of kinesiology Kinesiology is the study of human movement from the point of view of the physical sciences or kinesiology refers …
- Hip BoneShare on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditToday we learn hip bone or hip joint. here how many bones, artery, nerve, ligament, articulation or structure and movement. so let’s go.. Definition/Airticulation/Structure of hip bone joint The hip bone joint is the articulation between the hemispherical head of femur and the cup shaped acetabulum of …
- Paralysis treatment in Bangladesh [Dr. Aminul Islam]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditDefine Stroke Dr. Aminul Islam said, paralysis or Stroke is a disease that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries O2 and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts/ rupture.
- Back pain relief [Through Physiotherapy]Share on Social Media twitter facebook pinterest linkedin redditIntroduction Today we learn about low back pain. how to decrease this disease and take right solution for back pain.First you know what is low back pain? so let’s go. LBP(Low Back Pain) Low back pain is a common musculoskeletal symptoms that’s mate be either acute or …