My dear students, today we are learn what is kinesiology used for and basic information of kinesiology. How many types, nature, aims,objects, indication and contra-indication of kinesiology.
Basic information of kinesiology
Kinesiology is the study of human movement from the point of view of the physical sciences or kinesiology refers to the study of movement.
Kinesiology cames from two Greek Words. ‘kinenin’ means ‘to move’ and ‘logos’ means ‘study’.
Main areas of kinesiology
- Anatomical kinesiology
- Mechanical kinesiology
Definition of Bio-mechanics
Biomechanics is the study of those forces applied to the human body.
Main themes in BIO-MECHANICS
- Safety: Protection from injury.
- Effectiveness: Maximization of the output.
- Efficiency: Economy of energy expenditure.
Defination of Statics and Dynamics:
Statics: It is a branch of mechanics dealing with system in the constant state of motion.
Dynamics: Branch of mechanics dealing with systems subject to acceleration.
Defination of Kinematics and kinetics:
Kinematics: Study of description of forces (explanation of motion) is called kinematics.
Kinetics: Study of action of forces is called kinetics.
The nature of kinesiology:
The study of human body as a machine for the performance of work. its has foundation on three major areas of study.
- Anatomy and
More specifically nature of kinesiology:
The three areas are-
- musculo-skeletal anatomy
- Neuro-muscular physiology
The accumulated knowledge of this three fields form the foundation of study of human Movement.
aims and objectives of kinesiology
It has a useful purpose. We study kinesiology to improve performance by learning how to analyze the movements of the human body and to discover their underlying principles. The study of kinesiology is an essential part of the educational experience of students of physical education, dance, sport, and physical medicine. The Department of Kinesiology is a learning centered community that educates and inspires its students to understand and appreciate human movement for personal expression and wellness throughout the lifespan. In doing so, students and faculty work together to improve quality of life for them and their community; the department values and respects the spectrum of human diversity. An integrated approach to the teaching, learning, and application of human movement provides opportunities and experiences to achieve the department student learning outcomes.
Indication of kinesiology
Kinesiology has a wide range of uses. They are-
- In relief of muscle and joint pain.
- In treatment of stress and confusion.
- To lessen depressive tendencies.
- In dealing with sports injuries.
- To treat different respiratory issues and nervous disorders.
- For improvement of personal life style and many more.
- To overcome fatige and tirdness.
- To treat backache or any other problems in back.
- To improvement the mobility of different joint of body as well as to ensure their optimum founctioning.
Contra-indication of applying kinesiology
There are a few absolute and relative contraindication to use kinesiology as theraputics. They are-
- Active malignancy
- Any Open wounds
- Allergic reaction to adhesives
- Diabetes(kinesiology can be applied with caution)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
Condition where kinesiology used with caution
- Congestive cardiac failure
- Home Remedies For Frozen Shoulder- 2020 [Recent Updates]Introduction: Today we learn about Frozen shoulder. Here we discussion what is Frozen shoulder, cause, stage, pathology, symptoms or clinical feature and treatment. So let’s go.
- Anatomy of skull-2020 [Fully Updated]Introduction The skull is composed of 22 separate bones, most of them paired. It can be divided into a robust calvarium that surrounds and protects the brain, and a delicate facial skeleton composed mainly of thin walled bones, some of which contain air-ﬁlled cavities known collectively as the para-nasal sinuses. The cranial cavity contains the … Continue reading “What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020 [Fully Updates]”Read more
- How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]Introduction My dear students, today we learn about Tennis elbow. What is Tennis elbow? Definition of tennis elbow, Name of tennis elbow, Cause of tennis elbow, Symptoms or clinical feature of Tennis elbow, anatomy of Tennis Elbow, investigation of Tennis elbow, Aims of treatment of Tennis elbow, Treatment plan of Tennis elbow, Home advice for … Continue reading “What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020 [Fully Updates]”Read more
- Human coronavirus-2020 [fully Updated]what is corona virus: The corona virus is similar to other flu-infected diseases. The virus will not do any harm if it is not intimidated, but with a little awareness.
- Physiotherapy exercise Reviews-2020 [Fully Updated]What is physiotherapy? Today we learn about physiotherapy exercise. Why we used physiotherapy exercise for a patient how to it’s working. How to used this treatment. So Let’s go.
- What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020 [Fully Updates]Introduction My dear students, today we are learn what is kinesiology used for and basic information of kinesiology. How many types, nature, aims,objects, indication and contra-indication of kinesiology. Basic information of kinesiology Kinesiology is the study of human movement from the point of view of the physical sciences or kinesiology refers to the study of … Continue reading “What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020 [Fully Updates]”Read more
- Hip BoneToday we learn hip bone or hip joint. here how many bones, artery, nerve, ligament, articulation or structure and movement. so let’s go.. Definition/Airticulation/Structure of hip bone joint The hip bone joint is the articulation between the hemispherical head of femur and the cup shaped acetabulum of the hip bone. Type of the hip bone … Continue reading “What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020 [Fully Updates]”Read more
- Bell’s palsy home treatmentIntroduction Today we learn about Bell’s palsy. What is Bell’s palsy and the way of relief from bell’s palsy. How to do work the physiotherapy treatment for bell’s palsy or facial nerve palsy. A bundle of a nerve neuron is a closed bundle, which is part of the endocrine nervous system. Through it the electrical … Continue reading “What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020 [Fully Updates]”Read more
- paralysis treatment in Bangladesh [Dr. Aminul Islam]Define Stroke Dr. Aminul Islam said, Stroke is a disease that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries O2 and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts/ rupture.
- Back pain relief [Through Physiotherapy]Introduction Today we learn about low back pain. how to decrease this disease and take right solution for low back pain.First we will know what is low back pain? so let’s go. LBP(Low Back Pain) Low back pain is a common musculoskeletal symptoms that’s mate be either acute or chronic.