My dear students, today we learn about Tennis elbow. What is Tennis elbow? Definition of tennis elbow, Name of tennis elbow, Cause of tennis elbow, Symptoms or clinical feature of Tennis elbow, anatomy of Tennis Elbow, investigation of Tennis elbow, Aims of treatment of Tennis elbow, Treatment plan of Tennis elbow, Home advice for Tennis elbow etc. Tennis elbow is a part of Sports medicine.
What is Tennis elbow?
Tennis elbow is characterized by pain and tenderness on the lateral side of the elbow joint due to inflammation of the tendors of the lateral side of the elbow joint.
Definition of Tennis elbow
Pain and inflammation on the lateral side of the elbow joint.
Name of Tennis elbow
- Tennis elbow
- Lateral epicondylitis
- Lateral elbow tendinitis.
Cause of Tennis elbow
- Strain force
- Carrying heavy weight
- Wrong technique at sports
- Repetitive movement
- Poor warm-up and cool down
Tennis elbow Symptoms
- Pain at the lateral aspect of the elbow joint. May radiate up to wrist joint.
- Pain increase in activity and decrease by rest.
- Wrist extension against resistance with elbow extension and pronation is painful.
- Aching or sharp pain over the wrist.
Anatomy of Tennis Elbow
- Bones of Tennis elbow
- Muscle of Tennis elbow
- Extensor muscle
- Common extensor tendon
- Extensor digitorum etc
you can also read human anatomy
Investigation of Tennis Elbow
- Mill’s test
- Cozens test
Mill’s test of Tennis Elbow
Procedure: Examiner palpates the lateral epicondyle and passively pronated the patients forearm and flexed the wrist fully and than elbow extend.
Response: Sever pain present in lateral epicondyle.
Cozens test of Tennis Elbow
Procedure: patients elbow is stabilized by the examiner thumb, which rest on the patient’s lateral epicondyle. The patients ask to make a fixed pronated the forearm radialy deviate and extend the wrist. When the examiner resist the motion.
Response: Sever pain present in lateral epicondyle.
Aims of treatment of Tennis elbow
- Relief of pain
- Relief of tenderness
- Reduce swelling
- Increase ROM(Range of motion)
- Increase ADL(Activities of daily living)
- Increase muscle power.
Tennis elbow Exercise
- Ice therapy
- To relieve pain UST (Ultrasound Therapy) in the lateral side of the elbow 1 w/cm2 to 10 minutes.
- Deep friction massage to reduce adhesion.
- Ice before friction massage.
- IRR (Infrared rays) in lateral side of the elbow for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Wrist turn.
- Wrist turn with weight.
- Wrist lift, palm up.
- Wrist extensor stretch
- Wrist extensor flex
- Fist squeeze
- Towel twist
- Elbow movement.
- Isometric exercise to increase circulation.
- Active free exercise of the elbow joint to maintain joint range.
- Strengthening exercise to increase muscle power.
- Psychological support.
- Ice compression
- Don’t lift heavy weight.
- Rest the arm for longer.
- Be happy all time.
Good bye. See again next day. You can also reads bellow-
- Home Remedies For Frozen Shoulder- 2020 [Recent Updates]Introduction: Today we learn about Frozen shoulder. Here we discussion what is Frozen shoulder, cause, stage, pathology, symptoms or clinical feature and treatment. So let’s go.
- Anatomy of skull-2020 [Fully Updated]Introduction The skull is composed of 22 separate bones, most of them paired. It can be divided into a robust calvarium that surrounds and protects the brain, and a delicate facial skeleton composed mainly of thin walled bones, some of which contain air-ﬁlled cavities known collectively as the para-nasal sinuses. The cranial cavity contains the … Continue reading “How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]”Read more
- How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]Introduction My dear students, today we learn about Tennis elbow. What is Tennis elbow? Definition of tennis elbow, Name of tennis elbow, Cause of tennis elbow, Symptoms or clinical feature of Tennis elbow, anatomy of Tennis Elbow, investigation of Tennis elbow, Aims of treatment of Tennis elbow, Treatment plan of Tennis elbow, Home advice for … Continue reading “How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]”Read more
- Human coronavirus-2020 [fully Updated]what is corona virus: The corona virus is similar to other flu-infected diseases. The virus will not do any harm if it is not intimidated, but with a little awareness.
- Physiotherapy exercise Reviews-2020 [Fully Updated]What is physiotherapy? Today we learn about physiotherapy exercise. Why we used physiotherapy exercise for a patient how to it’s working. How to used this treatment. So Let’s go.
- What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020 [Fully Updates]Introduction My dear students, today we are learn what is kinesiology used for and basic information of kinesiology. How many types, nature, aims,objects, indication and contra-indication of kinesiology. Basic information of kinesiology Kinesiology is the study of human movement from the point of view of the physical sciences or kinesiology refers to the study of … Continue reading “How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]”Read more
- Hip BoneToday we learn hip bone or hip joint. here how many bones, artery, nerve, ligament, articulation or structure and movement. so let’s go.. Definition/Airticulation/Structure of hip bone joint The hip bone joint is the articulation between the hemispherical head of femur and the cup shaped acetabulum of the hip bone. Type of the hip bone … Continue reading “How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]”Read more
- Bell’s palsy home treatmentIntroduction Today we learn about Bell’s palsy. What is Bell’s palsy and the way of relief from bell’s palsy. How to do work the physiotherapy treatment for bell’s palsy or facial nerve palsy. A bundle of a nerve neuron is a closed bundle, which is part of the endocrine nervous system. Through it the electrical … Continue reading “How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]”Read more
- paralysis treatment in Bangladesh [Dr. Aminul Islam]Define Stroke Dr. Aminul Islam said, Stroke is a disease that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries O2 and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts/ rupture.
- Back pain relief [Through Physiotherapy]Introduction Today we learn about low back pain. how to decrease this disease and take right solution for low back pain.First we will know what is low back pain? so let’s go. LBP(Low Back Pain) Low back pain is a common musculoskeletal symptoms that’s mate be either acute or chronic.