Today we learn about Frozen shoulder. Here we discussion what is Frozen shoulder, cause, stage, pathology, symptoms or clinical feature and treatment. So let’s go.
What is Frozen Shoulder:
Frozen shoulder is a condition that is characterized by pain and restriction of the movement of the shoulder joint, especially abduction medial rotation and lateral rotation of shoulder joint.
You may also read Name of shoulder bone
Stage of Frozen shoulder
A. Painful or freezing stage
B. Frozen stage
C. Thawing stage
Causes of frozen shoulder:
when the capsule of shoulder joint become thicken and tighten within the joint.
A. Impingement syndrome
B. Supraspinatus tendinopathy
C. Subacromial or subdeltoid bursitis
D. Bicipital tendinopathy
E. Calcific tendinitis
F. Rotator cuff tear
G. Early stage of adhesive cupsulitis.
Pathology of frozen shoulder:
At first when inflammation takes place on the capsule of the shoulder joint, it becomes roughness and lost its function, as a result capsule can not provide the rhythmic free movements of the shoulder joint. Then the surrounding structure are affected due to lack or nutrition and thus also produce pain.
Clinical feature of frozen shoulder:
Frozen shoulder typically develops slowly and in three stage. Each of these stages can last a number og month.
A. Painful stage: During this stage pain occurs with any movement of shoulder and shoulder’s range of motion starts to become limited.
B. Frozen stage: pain may begin to diminish during this stage. However your shoulder becomes stiffer and range of motion decrease notably.
C. Thawing stage: During the thawing stage, the range of motion in shoulder begins to improve.
Risk factors of frozen shoulder
Common risk factors for frozen shoulder are:
A. Age: Usally occurs in individual between 40-70 years of age
B. Gender: This condition is found twice as often in women as in men.
C. Recent trauma: Surgery or and arm fracture can lead to immobility during recovery and this may cause the shoulder capsule to stiffen.
D. Diabetes: The reasons are unclear but 10 to 20 percent of people with diabetes develop frozen shoulder, and symptoms may be more severe.
Other conditions that can increase the risk are:
B. hyperthyroidism or overactive thyroid
C. hypothyroidism or underactive thyroid
D. cardiovascular disease
E. Parkinson’s disease
Physiotherapy treatment of frozen shoulder
A. Passive joint mobilization exercise of the affected shoulder joint.
B. Hold –Relax exercise of the muscles around the shoulder joint.
C. Strengthening exercise of the capsule of shoulder joint.
D. Pain free active movement to maintain joint ROM.
E. PWP- Over the shoulder joint.
F. UST (Ultrasound therapy)- over the tender area.
G. TENS (Trancscutaneous electric nerve stimulation)- over the pain area.
H. If needed use arm sling.
Home advice for frozen shoulder
A. Shoulder pulley exercise
B. Shoulder ladder exercise
C. Wheel bar exercise
D. Shoulder climbing exercise
E. Pendular motion exercise
F. Pain free ADL( activities of daily living)
- Home Remedies For Frozen Shoulder- 2020 [Recent Updates]Introduction: Today we learn about Frozen shoulder. Here we discussion what is Frozen shoulder, cause, stage, pathology, symptoms or clinical feature and treatment. So let’s go. What is Frozen Shoulder: Frozen shoulder is a condition that is characterized by pain and restriction of the movement of the shoulder joint, especially abduction medial rotation and lateral … Continue reading “Home Remedies For Frozen Shoulder- 2020 [Recent Updates]”Read more
- Anatomy of skull-2020 [Fully Updated]Introduction The skull is composed of 22 separate bones, most of them paired. It can be divided into a robust calvarium that surrounds and protects the brain, and a delicate facial skeleton composed mainly of thin walled bones, some of which contain air-ﬁlled cavities known collectively as the para-nasal sinuses. The cranial cavity contains the … Continue reading “Home Remedies For Frozen Shoulder- 2020 [Recent Updates]”Read more
- How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]Introduction My dear students, today we learn about Tennis elbow. What is Tennis elbow? Definition of tennis elbow, Name of tennis elbow, Cause of tennis elbow, Symptoms or clinical feature of Tennis elbow, anatomy of Tennis Elbow, investigation of Tennis elbow, Aims of treatment of Tennis elbow, Treatment plan of Tennis elbow, Home advice for … Continue reading “Home Remedies For Frozen Shoulder- 2020 [Recent Updates]”Read more
- Human coronavirus-2020 [fully Updated]what is corona virus: The corona virus is similar to other flu-infected diseases. The virus will not do any harm if it is not intimidated, but with a little awareness.
- Physiotherapy exercise Reviews-2020 [Fully Updated]What is physiotherapy? Today we learn about physiotherapy exercise. Why we used physiotherapy exercise for a patient how to it’s working. How to used this treatment. So Let’s go.
- What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020 [Fully Updates]Introduction My dear students, today we are learn what is kinesiology used for and basic information of kinesiology. How many types, nature, aims,objects, indication and contra-indication of kinesiology. Basic information of kinesiology Kinesiology is the study of human movement from the point of view of the physical sciences or kinesiology refers to the study of … Continue reading “Home Remedies For Frozen Shoulder- 2020 [Recent Updates]”Read more
- Hip BoneToday we learn hip bone or hip joint. here how many bones, artery, nerve, ligament, articulation or structure and movement. so let’s go.. Definition/Airticulation/Structure of hip bone joint The hip bone joint is the articulation between the hemispherical head of femur and the cup shaped acetabulum of the hip bone. Type of the hip bone … Continue reading “Home Remedies For Frozen Shoulder- 2020 [Recent Updates]”Read more
- Bell’s palsy home treatmentIntroduction Today we learn about Bell’s palsy. What is Bell’s palsy and the way of relief from bell’s palsy. How to do work the physiotherapy treatment for bell’s palsy or facial nerve palsy. A bundle of a nerve neuron is a closed bundle, which is part of the endocrine nervous system. Through it the electrical … Continue reading “Home Remedies For Frozen Shoulder- 2020 [Recent Updates]”Read more
- paralysis treatment in Bangladesh [Dr. Aminul Islam]Define Stroke Dr. Aminul Islam said, Stroke is a disease that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries O2 and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts/ rupture.
- Back pain relief [Through Physiotherapy]Introduction Today we learn about low back pain. how to decrease this disease and take right solution for low back pain.First we will know what is low back pain? so let’s go. LBP(Low Back Pain) Low back pain is a common musculoskeletal symptoms that’s mate be either acute or chronic.