Today we learn about Bell’s palsy. What is Bell’s palsy and the way of relief from bell’s palsy. How to do work the physiotherapy treatment for bell’s palsy or facial nerve palsy.
A bundle of a nerve neuron is a closed bundle, which is part of the endocrine nervous system. Through it the electrical organs are transmitted to the end organ.
7th cranial nerve
The seventh cranial nerve is name glossopharyngeal nerve. Glossopharyngeal nerve is known as Bell’s family, it is the paralysis of the nerves of the mouth, which provides facial muscles on one side of the face.
Work of 7th cranial nerve or glossopharangeal nerve
Tears of tears
Help in the feeling of skin etc.
What is bell’s palsy ?
Bell’s palsy or facial nerve palsy: Bell’s palsy is a conditions in which there is a lesions occur on the facial nerve as a result paralysis occur of the muscle that are supplied by this nerve.
Causes of Bell’s palsy
The cause is unknown till now. The most common cause is common cold. This conditions is occur by viral attack.
Clinical features of Bell’s palsy
Loss of facial appearance.
Deviation of face to one side.
Inability to closing the eye and to raise the eye brow.
Inability to raise the nose trill.
Foods collect in the affected side of check during eating.
Dribbling of water on the affected corner of the mouth.
Difficulties eating drinking whistling and speaking.
Cannot turn the affected muscle of the affected side.
Impairment of taste and sensation of the affected side tongue.
Weakness of muscles of affected side face.
Tenderness may present on stylomastoid foramen.
Contraindications of physiotherapy exercise for Bell’s palsy
A. Recent fracture
B. Open wound
C. Carcinoma/ malignancy
G. Blodd pressure more than 200 mm of Hg.
You can also read
Physiotherapy treatment for Bell’s palsy
UST (ultrasonic therapy)over the affected nerve root trunk during acute and sub-acute phase.
IRR(infra red radiation)/ PWP over the affected side face.
Electrical stimulation- over the motor point.
Stroking massage- to the opposite direction.
Knedling massage- over paralyzed muscle.
Slow stretching exercise of the affected muscles.
Try to do functional ADL by the affected side face.
Use sunglass Regular eye bath by warm clean water.
Try to say clearly- A, E, I, O, U Squeeze eyes open and closed widely.
Try to perform of pleasure, surprise, interest, angry etc Whistle on inflate balloon.
Sucking fluid by straw.
- Anatomy of skull-2020 [Fully Updated]Introduction The skull is composed of 22 separate bones, most of them paired. It can be divided into a robust calvarium that surrounds and protects the brain, and a delicate … Read more
- How To Treat Tennis Elbow-[Fully Updates]Introduction My dear students, today we learn about Tennis elbow. What is Tennis elbow? Definition of tennis elbow, Name of tennis elbow, Cause of tennis elbow, Symptoms or clinical feature … Read more
- Human coronavirus-2020 [fully Updated]what is corona virus: The corona virus is similar to other flu-infected diseases. The virus will not do any harm if it is not intimidated, but with a little awareness. … Read more
- Physiotherapy exercise Reviews-2020 [Fully Updated]What is physiotherapy? Today we learn about physiotherapy exercise. Why we used physiotherapy exercise for a patient how to it’s working. How to used this treatment. So Let's go. Physiotherapy … Read more
- What is kinesiology used for Reviews-2020 [Fully Updates]Introduction My dear students, today we are learn what is kinesiology used for and basic information of kinesiology. How many types, nature, aims,objects, indication and contra-indication of kinesiology. Basic information … Read more
- Frozen shoulder treatment at homefrozen shoulder Introduction: Today we learn about Frozen shoulder. Here we discussion what is Frozen shoulder, cause, stage, pathology, symptoms or clinical feature and treatment. So let’s go. Frozen Shoulder: … Read more
- Hip BoneToday we learn hip bone or hip joint. here how many bones, artery, nerve, ligament, articulation or structure and movement. so let's go.. Definition/Airticulation/Structure of hip bone joint The hip … Read more
- Bell’s palsy home treatmentIntroduction Today we learn about Bell’s palsy. What is Bell’s palsy and the way of relief from bell’s palsy. How to do work the physiotherapy treatment for bell’s palsy or … Read more
- paralysis treatment in Bangladesh [Dr. Aminul Islam]Define Stroke Dr. Aminul Islam said, Stroke is a disease that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries O2 … Read more
- Back pain relief [Through Physiotherapy]Introduction Today we learn about low back pain. how to decrease this disease and take right solution for low back pain.First we will know what is low back pain? so … Read more